Timothy B. Kirwin
Timothy B. Kirwin, a former attorney with Randle Law Office, had joined the firm in April 2010 and resigned in early 2017. Kirwin has served as municipal prosecutor for the cities of Bellaire, Fulshear, Hardin, Hunters Creek Village, Mont Belvieu, Spring Valley Village, Sugar Land and Village of Surfside Beach. In July 2011 Mr. Kirwin was appointed Associate Municipal Court Judge for the city of Hedwig Village. Mr. Kirwin is the city attorney and chief legal officer for the city of Kenefick.Website: Email: Phone:
Mr. Kirwin, a native Houstonian, grew up in Katy, Texas.
After graduating Magna Cum Laude from the University of Dayton, Ohio, Mr. Kirwin returned to Texas and earned a Master’s Degree in Public History from the University of Houston. Mr. Kirwin worked as Assistant Curator at the Houston Fire Museum where he preserved historical artifacts related to the history of fire service and educated the public on fire safety. Mr. Kirwin then worked as Archivist at Baylor College of Medicine where he chronicled the institutional history of the medical school.
In 2003, Mr. Kirwin entered the University of Houston Law Center and participated in the Mock Trial Team, a team he continues to assist with coaching today. While in law school, Mr. Kirwin clerked with the Department of Justice, United States Attorney’s Office drafting criminal appellate briefs to the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals.
After graduating from the University of Houston Law Center, the City of Missouri City, Texas, hired Mr. Kirwin as Assistant City Attorney and Prosecutor. During his tenure at Missouri City, Mr. Kirwin provided legal advice to the City Council, Planning and Zoning Commission, Parks Board, and all department and divisions including Parks, Police, Public Works, Fire, Human Resources, Finance, Planning, Code Enforcement, Communications, City Secretary, and City Manager’s office.
Since joining the Randle Law Office in April 2010 Mr. Kirwin has served as municipal prosecutor for the cities of Bellaire, Fulshear, Hardin, Hunters Creek Village, Mont Belvieu, Spring Valley Village, Sugar Land and Village of Surfside Beach. In July 2011 Mr. Kirwin was appointed Associate Municipal Court Judge for the city of Hedwig Village. Mr. Kirwin is the city attorney and chief legal officer for the city of Kenefick.
- Texas Open Meetings Act, Public Information Act, Municipal Court records access, Rule 12 record
- Suing and defending governmental entities, immunity, pleas to the jurisdiction
- Development Agreements between municipalities and land developers
- Subdivision regulations and Home Owners’ Association regulations and enforcement
- Municipal Court
- Garland Walker American Inn of Court
- “40 Under 40” award, Houston Business Journal, 2012
- “Appellate Lawyer of the Week”, Texas Lawyer magazine, 2014.
Publications and Presentations
- Master’s Thesis- “’It Was Like A Neglected Beauty’: The Redevelopment of One Houston Neighborhood- Midtown,” August 2001.
- Biography of “Katharine H.K. Hsu, M.D.” Houston Review, A Publication of the University of Houston History Department, Fall 2004.
- TMCEC 2014 Prosecutors Conference –Noise Ordinance Violations
- TMCEC 2014-2015 Judges Conference – Administrative Search Warrant
- Texas City Attorneys Association, Merit Certification in Municipal Law
- Texas City Attorneys Association, Merit Certification in Municipal Court Prosecution