Megan J. Mikutis
Megan attended the University of Houston – Clear Lake, graduating magna cum laude in 2012, where she earned her Bachelor of Art’s in Literature. Upon completing her undergraduate career, Megan attended the University of Houston Law Center from 2012 to 2015. After admission to the Supreme Court of the State of Texas in 2015, Megan […]Website: Email: Phone:
Megan attended the University of Houston – Clear Lake, graduating magna cum laude in 2012, where she earned her Bachelor of Art’s in Literature. Upon completing her undergraduate career, Megan attended the University of Houston Law Center from 2012 to 2015.
After admission to the Supreme Court of the State of Texas in 2015, Megan established her own firm, independently generating, maintaining, managing and litigating marital, custody, and child support disputes, estate planning matters, quasi-criminal defense matters, and other civil disputes. Throughout her career, Megan has independently counseled and guided clients through all phases of litigation, including depositions, discovery, contested motions, and trial.
In April 2018, Megan joined the Port of Galveston as the Development Officer, using her legal background to provide direction on the Port of Galveston’s real estate portfolio, response to requests under the Texas Public Information Act, and the potential benefit and/or risk of specific legal action as well as potential or ongoing litigation. During this time, Megan established the Port of Galveston’s federal, state, and local grant proposal program and coordinated over $43 million in FEMA obligated funds for waterside infrastructure repair.
After eighteen months, Megan was promoted to Legal Affairs Manager as a result of her diligence and enthusiasm in contributing to organizational goals and objectives. Megan managed contract development, contract management, procurement, public information, real estate management, and document retention as well as the internal response to legal, compliance, and regulatory matters. While serving as the Legal Affairs Manager, Megan successfully:
- Devised, developed, and prepared the financial recoupment of over $1.7 million owed, coordinating efforts with executive management.
- Mobilized collaborative efforts to create and implement a multi-organizational Contract Management System, ensuring audit-proofing controls, across local governmental entities in response to historical administrative audits.
- Participated in the successful negotiation for a ten-year extension of preferential berthing rights agreement of cruise line.
- Chartered the Port of Galveston’s first sustainability program, developing and directing environmental efforts including the large-scale installation and integration of solar power energy infrastructure, property-wide waste management and recycling efforts, and community conservation partnerships.
- Coordinated cross-departmental implementation of cargo and cruise infrastructure redevelopment to accommodate the construction of $100 million state-of-the-art cruise terminal.
Bringing with her her passion for local government, Megan joined the Randle Law Office Ltd., L.L.P. in late 2020.
In her spare time, Megan enjoys cooking, exercising, reading, being outdoors, spending time with her family, and volunteering. Megan lives with her loving partner, Robby, and their four dogs.